I’m scheduling this is advance, since I leave the 29th for a cruise and won’t be back till the 9th. When you read this, it’ll be New Year’s Eve, and hopefully I’ll have read a few more books from now (23rd) to then. But, I wanted to do this, and now is the only time I have so…
This Year End Survey is hosted by Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Turner.
All book review are linked to the title of the book if you want to see more of my thoughts.
2016 Reading Stats
Number of books you read: 70
Most Popular Genre: Contemporary (I think? I just looked over, didn’t really count)
Best in Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
(If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2016 release vs. backlist)
Contemporary:Made You Up /A Study In Charlotte
Fantasy: The Raven King / Clockwork Princess
Sci-fi:Because You’ll Never Meet Me
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I love Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, but the ending of Soundless fell a little flat for me.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2016?
Because You’ll Never Meet Me. I didn’t think I’d like it as much as I did.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2016?
Not even sure, I’ve pushed a lot at my best friend. I did get my cousin to read Harry Potter though!
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
Series started –5th Wave
Sequel – Blue Lily, Lily Blue (only sequel, whoops)
Series Ender – The Raven King / Clockwork Princess
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Miniatures (I don’t generally read adult books, this is adult scoff short stories).
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
I read A LOT in one sitting so…
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
The Raven King
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
Night / Wink Poppy Midnight
13.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Shortest: There Will Come Soft Rains
Longest: Clockwork Princess
14. Book That Shocked You The Most
15. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Adam and Ronan!
16. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Ollie and Mortiz
17. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
18. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
19. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
I can’t answer that.
20. Best 2016 debut you read?
Zeno Diagram / Waking In Time (Reviews to come)
21. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Clockwork Princess / The Princess Bride
22. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
23. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Because You’ll Never Meet Me (are you sick of the title yet?)
Your Blogging/Bookish Life
1. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
Captain America: Civil War – Movie Review
Book Review: Time-Lord Fairy Tales
2. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Discussion: Review Copies/ARCs
Discussion: On Discussion Posts
On The Question Of Being “Too Old For Pokémon?” (And The Release Of Pokémon Go)
3. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
4. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
5. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My Writing: Six Free-verse Poems
Poem: They Sell Salt For Open Wounds
Discussion: Review Copies/ARCs
6. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Don’t think so no. I’m terrible.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
Gemina! And A Court of Mist and Fury.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?*
Honestly there are too many. This applies to the next two questions as well.
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?*
The Edge of Everything – I got an arc from Netgalley and I’m psyched!
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?*
Nowhere Near You – The sequel to Because You’ll Never Meet Me is definitely up there. Also got an arc of this!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
ACTUALLY FINDING A BLOGGING SCHEDULE THAT WORKS FOR ME!
*First that cam to mind- not definitive
3 thoughts on “2016: The Year End Book Survey”
Oh my goodness I agree so much about Adam and Ronan!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person