Okay, last week I posted my first Bookish Baking in the form of a Butterbeer recipe!
I was originally thinking of making Bookish Baking a monthly thing, but I’ve been scheduling some, and I like writing them enough that I think I want to make it weekly? I want to hear what you guys think of it!
This time, I have a recipe for “Cinnamon Things” for The Night Circus!
In my mind, the cinnamon things were cinnamon rolls, but I don’t know how to make those.
I DO know how to make cinnamon twists, and they are delicious!
“Have you tried the cinnamon things?” Poppet asks. “They’re rather new. What are they called, Widge?”
“Fantastically delicious cinnamon things?”
― Erin Morgenstern,
- 1 Package of crescent dough (I like Pillsbury but which ever works, serving depends on this, I get the 8 crescent pack)
- Butter (1/4th cup melted)
- Sugar (1/8th cup)
- Cinnamon (2-3 Tablespoons)
- Optional: Cream Cheese frosting for drizzling/dipping
- Separate dough pieces.
- Melt butter, stir in cinnamon and sugar.
- Either brush on the mixture, or if your like me, drip the dough into it until entirely coated.
- Twist dough pieces – either into classic twist shape or whatever formation you wish.
- Pour left over butter on top – let it soak in.
- Sprinkle extra sugar and cinnamon on top to preference.
- Bake according to pre-packaged dough directions.
These Cinnamon Things are super easy because I use prepackaged dough – due to both a lack of skill, and generally time.
Let me know how your liking this series, and what kinds of recipes you’d like to see in the future!