I’m back for the third Bookish Baking! I’m really enjoying these, and I hope you guys are too!
This time, I have a recipe from The Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series: Blue Cookies. Iconic to every PJO fan! (Not my picture below)
- 2 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- blue food coloring – A lot okay?
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pour the white chocolate chips into a bowl, mix in blue food coloring until they look blue – it makes more cohesively blue cookies this way.
- Melt the butter, and mix in food coloring until desired shade. Add vanilla extract.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl to wet ones.
- Pour butter mixture into dry ingredients until even, all clumps out and color even.
- Stir in blue chips.
- Line baking tray with wax paper (you’ll thank me later)
- Roll little balls out of cookie dough, and flatten a little on the tray, space cookies an inch or two apart on tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Percy Jackson is beloved by most bookworms and I’m glad I got to share my version of Percy’s Blue Cookies with you!
Let me know if you liked it, how they turn out if you make them and if there are any recipes you’d like to out out for you guys!