by Jennifer Comeaux
Genre: YA Romance
Release Date: January 9th 2017
Summary from Goodreads:
Liza Petrov’s entire life has been about skating and winning her sport’s top prize – Olympic gold. She’s stayed sheltered inside her bubble, not daring to stray from her destined path.
Until she meets Braden Patrick.
He makes her heart flutter with possibility, and for the first time she gets a taste of a normal teenage life. She longs to have both the boy and the gold, but stepping outside her bubble comes with a price. As Liza begins to question both her future and her past, can she stay focused on the present and realize her ultimate dream?
Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSV3XON
Smashwords – https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/686970
About the Author
Jennifer Comeaux is a tax accountant by day, writer by night. There aren’t any ice rinks near her home in south Louisiana, but she’s a diehard figure skating fan and loves to write stories of romance set in the world of competitive skating. One of her favorite pastimes is travelling to competitions, where she can experience all the glitz and drama that inspire her writing. Jennifer loves to hear from readers! Visit jennifercomeaux.blogspot.com for contact information and to learn more about her books.
Gold Rush Playlist
Collide – Howie Day
She Will Be Loved (acoustic) – Maroon 5
Cannonball – Damien Rice
Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun – Debussy
Benedictus – 2Cellos
Nostalgia – Yanni
Beneath Your Beautiful – Labrinth featuring Emeli Sande
Club Can’t Handle Me – Flo Rida
One Call Away – Charlie Puth
Grey Street – Dave Matthews Band
Gold Rush Excerpt #1
I looked up directly into the smiling face of Braden. He was holding the raffle bucket, and a Sox player stood beside him. I was so unprepared to see him that I couldn’t even get a “hello” to come out of my mouth.
“Would you like to buy a raffle ticket?” he asked.
I felt weird having him talk down to me while I sat, so I sprang to my feet. “Hi. Umm… yeah, I’ll take a couple.”
“Cool. How many?”
I bent to get my wallet and pulled out a five dollar bill. “As many as this will get me?”
The player tore a strip of tickets from the big roll and gave them to Braden before moving on to solicit Em and Dad, who were watching Braden and me with rapt attention. Braden set the bucket down and slowly separated my part of the tickets. Now that there wasn’t a counter between us, I could see his full physique better. The top of my head only reached his chin, so he had to be more than half a foot taller than me. He had a slender build, but he wasn’t scrawny. The short sleeves of his polo showed nicely-defined biceps.
“I remember you,” Quinn said.
Braden laughed. “I remember you, too.”
Quinn might also remember Holly and me discussing Braden’s date potential. I quickly stepped between them so Quinn couldn’t see him.
“I thought you worked concessions,” I said.
“I’m an intern, so I go wherever they tell me. I like doing the raffle better because I get to see more people.”
His eyes held steady on mine in the I’m-only-looking-at-you way they’d done at the concession stand. How was I supposed to come up with witty conversation when my heart was pitter-pattering so loudly I couldn’t even think?
“Were you going to visit me at the concession stand? I’m still waiting for my autograph.” He cocked his head with a sly grin.
“Oh… yeah. I’m sorry. I wasn’t sure if you were really serious.”
“I definitely was. I’ve never met anyone as talented as you. I watched a video of you at the world championships, and you were incredible.”
“You Googled me?”
“What kind of twenty-first century guy would I be if I didn’t?”
I had to break away from his gaze because I felt redness taking over my face. If only I could be incredible and confident right now.
Gold Rush Excerpt #2
As Braden drove me home, I lost any feeling of comfort I’d gained, and my palms began to glisten with sweat. I felt more anxious than I had when we’d first started the evening. The “end of the date” moment was near, and all I could think about was a possible kiss and Courtney’s advice of melting into it. I had a terrible fear that I was going to do the exact opposite and be as stiff as a new pair of skates.
We pulled up in front of my house, and I rubbed my hands on my sweater. Braden shut off the engine, and I longed to know his next move. Was he going to say goodnight there or was he going to walk me to the door?
He stepped out of the Jeep, answering my question. I climbed out, and he took my hand as we walked up to the porch, lit only by the dim gaslight lamps on either side of the front door. My pulse was seriously racing. I hadn’t been that nervous since I’d skated at the Olympics three years ago.
Braden faced me, and I looked up into his soft brown eyes. I could barely catch my breath because my heart was beating so fast. I’m going to have a heart attack and die before I even have the chance to kiss a boy.
“I thought your dad might be out here with a breathalyzer,” he said. “My dad actually did that with one of my sisters’ boyfriends.”
“Oh, no.” I laughed, but I secretly hoped that Dad might pop through the front door and save me from this nerve-wracking moment.
“I’m really glad we got to hang out tonight,” Braden said.
“Me too. I had a great time.”
He squeezed my hand and shifted his weight, and I sensed he was anxious, too, but probably nowhere near my level of freak-out. My face and neck were growing hotter by the second, and I prayed Braden couldn’t see how red they were in the low light.
“I’d love to see you again,” he said, stepping closer.
I nodded. “Definitely.”
He smiled and inched further forward, and I felt myself tightening with nerves. It was the same sensation I got sometimes before a critical jump in my programs, and it often meant I ended up sprawled on the ice. What if Braden kissed me and I made it just as much of a disaster?
Blog Tour Organized by:
Blog Tour Schedule –
- Lisa Book Blog @ LEL https://lisabookblogblog.wordpress.com/ Promo Post
- The Avid Reader http://the-avidreader.blogspot.com Promo Post
- A Leisure Moment Www.aleisuremoment.com Promo Post
- Bobo’s Book Bank https://bobosbookbank.com Promo Post
- Haddie’s Haven https://haddieshaven.blogspot.com Review
- Just Us Book Blog http://justusbookblog.blogspot.com/ Promo Post
- Reading for the Stars and Moon http://readingforthestarsmoon.blogspot.com/ Promo Post
- Huntley’s book Reviews http://huntleyandbooks.blogspot.co.uk Review
- CBY Book Club http://cbybookclub.blogspot.com/ Promo Post
- Lilly’s Book World www.lillysbookworld.wordpress.com Review
- Desert Rose Reviews http://desertrosereviews.blogspot.com Review
- I Read Indie http://twimom101bookblog.blogspot.com/ Promo Post
- YA Book Divas http://www.yabookdivas.com Promo Post
- Shh, I am Reading https://shhiamreading.wordpress.com/ Promo Post
- Becky on Books http://beckymmoe.com Review
- Bookwyrming Thoughts http://www.bookwyrmingthoughts.com/ Review
- Brooke Blogs http://www.brookeblogs.com Review
- Movies, Shows, & Books http://moviesshowsnbooks.blogspot.com/ Review
- The Missionary Book http://themissionarybook.weebly.com Review
- Simply Kelina http://simplykelina.blogspot.com/ Review
- The Ordinary Housewife Book Blog http://theordinaryhousewife.com/ Review
- Donnie Darko Girl http://donniedarkogirl.blogspot.com Review
- books are love http://hello-booklover.tumblr.com Review
- RiverMoose-Reads https://rivermoosebooks.wordpress.com Promo Post