I’m really liking this series, I hope you guys are too! Its fun to put together these recipes (even if I’m crazy behind on reviews…).
- Pre-made uncooked shortcrust pie crust
- A sheet of shortcrust pastry
- 1 cup golden syrup
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- Half a cap of vanilla extract
3 tbsp. heavy cream
1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 395F/190C.
- Heat golden syrup over stove until runny.
- Add the other ingredients and stir together into golden syrup.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Cut the dough of the party sheet into long strips for the lattice top (make both vertical and horizontal stripes along the top).
- Place onto the top of the pie and cut the excess off.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
When I first read Harry Potter (about a decade ago…wow) Treacle was a mystical magical Harry Potter-esque thing on par with Butterbeer. Treacle isn’t a word in America.
Now I know better.
Here, I have a Treacle recipe I adapted from various versions online.
If you try out my variation, let me know how it goes, if you liked it, etc!
I hope you guys are enjoying this Bookish Baking feature as much as I am!