My first was a Butterbeer recipe and my second was Night Circus Cinnamon Things. The third was Blue Cookies from PJO. Fourth was Treacle Tart . Last week was Treacle Pudding. Don’t worry, this will be the last Harry Potter recipe for a while.
SPICE MIX (this is essentially pumpkin spice mix)
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1¼ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp of the spice mix
- ½ tsp almond essence
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup (115g) butter, room temperature
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- icing sugar for dusting
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1¼ cups boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 175C/350F.
- Mix together the spice mix and place in a air tight container. You’ll only be using a bit of this mix for this recipe.
- Place in the food processor and blend, then repeat with the rest.
- By hand, mix the 1½ tsp of spice mix, 1 tsp vanilla essence and ½ tsp of almond essence.
- Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the butter, then add in the sugar.
- Beat for a few minutes until creamy.
- Add in the flour, then the milk.
- Spoon into baking containers.
- To make the sauce, in a smaller bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cocoa so well combined.
- Spoon on top of the cake mixture.
- Pour the boiling water over the sauce powder and cake mixture and place in oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
This recipe is adapted from many I’ve seen.
Below are some great Potter candy recipes from Food In Literature, which I love!