My past recipes include:
Eat Me –
Fruity Tea Cakes
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 cup jam (any fruit flavor)
- Honey (to pour over as garnish)
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add in eggs, cream, and milk – stir until completely combined.
- Add in extracts, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add in flour, combine until all powder is dissolved, and no lumps are found in the dough.
- Roll out dough, spread jam out evenly over dough, roll into a log (so jam creates a swirl inside the dough), chill in the fridge for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 320F/160C.
- Slice the roll to create circles. Spread on a cookie tray and sprinkle with white sugar. Bake for ~10 minutes until golden.
- Drizzle honey before serving.
Drink Me –
- 1 cup soda water (flavored or plain) or energy drink (for a kick)
- 1-3 pumps flavoring – to taste (I like raspberry, but any you like works)
- Food coloring (amount varies for desired color)
- 1/2 cup strong tea (black, lavender or Earl Grey is my preference) – it makes swirling patterns in the soda water and looks nice.
- 1 tbsp edible glitter
- licorice (as a garnish)
- Put tea to brew.
- Pour soda water (or energy drink) into a pitcher.
- Add chosen flavoring and coloring to pitcher, stir until evenly mixed.
- Let tea cool completely before stirring in.
- Pour in edible glitter.
- Pour into glasses/potion bottles/mugs etc. as desired.
- Add licorice straw.
I hope you guys enjoyed this Bookish Baking!
Let me know what you think! Or if you have any requests for other recipes, etc.
And if you try it out, let me know how it goes!