I wasn’t tagged, but I saw this over at Drizzle and Hurricane Books and thought it looked like fun!
Answer the questions below.
Credit the creator: Camryn @The Writing Crafter.
Tag at least 5 people.
1) Where do you typically write your blog posts?
My desk in my room where my desktop is. Never anywhere else, though I jot down ideas in the notes app of my phone a lot everywhere else.
2) How long does it generally take you to write a book review?
Anywhere from 20 minutes to agonizing over everything for 4 hours. Generally, there is no in-between with me.
3) When did you start your book blog?
I started this blog in January 2015. But I didn’t get serious about it until later into 2016.
4) What is the worst thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
I have terrible time management when it comes to this blog, and the TBR pile and having to post is just another stress in the long line of things I have to be stressed about.
5) What is the best thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
Getting to talk to people about books, meeting people, making friends, having a consistent hobby. Take your pick.
6) What blog post have you had the most fun writing so far?
There have been a few. Off the top of my head, some are:
Entirely non-comprehensive of course.
7) What is your favourite type of blog post to write?
I really like writing discussions and story type posts. They don’t tend to come out very good, but they feel the most personal/conversational and I like them.
I also like the Top Ten Tuesdays usually.
8) When do you typically write?
In the morning when I have time to kill, at night when I’m avoiding some other responsibility like dishes/laundry, or on weekends while I lounge around watching TV and should be reading probably.
9) Do you review every book you read?
I try to. Sometimes it doesn’t happen, but I try to.
10) How do you write your book reviews? With a cup of coffee or tea? With Netflix? Cuddled with your fur baby?
My cat doesn’t cuddle me, he’s my sister’s. I swear she trained him to bite me.
If I’m writing in the morning I have coffee, but I don’t seek it for writing time. Usually I;m watching Youtube videos or Netflix while I’m blogging. Definitely.
11) When do you write your book reviews? Right after finishing the book? Two weeks after finishing the book?
I try my best to review books as soon as I finish them – or at least within the week. Usually I’ll write the review and schedule it for later (next open Friday on the schedule or, if its an arc, for release day).
12) How often do you post?
Lately I’ve been trying for minimum 3 times a week. Sometimes more, but thats usually it. I have a few monthly posts that I do (like Throwback Thursday) and I usually try to do a few weekly memes (T5W and TTT), but my basic schedule is a tag on Monday, a discussion or etc. on Wednesday, and a review on Friday.