My past recipes include:
- 1 cup plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2-3 tablespoon cold milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Any fruit jam
- Add flour, salt, and butter to a food processor and pulse until texture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add baking soda, and vanilla, then add milk 1 tbsp at a time until pastry binds together.
- Wrap dough in cling wrap and chill for 15-30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough (on a floured surface), and cut out circles, large in diameter than your baking tin (I used a cupcake pan, though tart pans exist), so both the walls and floor of the tin is lined with dough.
- Fill nearly all the way with desired jam.
- Use extra dough to cut out decorations (like hearts) and place on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes on 350F, or until pastry turns golden.
Let me know what you think of this recipe, and if you try it out, let me know how it goes!