I was tagged by the wonderful and amazing Icebreaker694 – who is also the creator of this fun tag. She has one of my favorite blogs and is super sweet, so go check it out!
- Always Always Always pingback/link to icebreaker694‘s site (she wants to see your answers).
- Post this on your birthday!!! Or not, y’know, you do you.
- Answer the questions! (You might have to do some digging, hope that’s not a problem.)
- Tag as many bloggers as you can! (At least 1+ so the tag won’t die!)
WHEN’S YOUR BIRTHDAY (MONTH + DAY)?
WHAT’S YOUR ZODIAC SIGN?
I know relatively little about horoscope’s and signs though. So don’t ask me.
I’m year of the Rabbit for the Chinese zodiac thing though, FYI.
WHAT’S YOUR BIRTHSTONE?
I actually own an opal necklace in the shape of a dolphin (which happens to be my patrons though I didn’t know that when I picked it when I was 7. I was just into dolphins the way most little girls are into horses).
I know all the birthstones of the top of my head – there’s a fun fact about me.
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WITH THE SAME BIRTHDAY?
My mom’s cousin shares my birthday – albeit different years. There are a lot of October birthdays in my family though.
And me and my sister should have had the same birthday (my due date and her c-section date where both November 18 – though we were both October, 8 and 23, respectively).
WHAT HISTORICAL EVENT OCCURRED ON YOUR BIRTHDAY?
B’s link for figuring this out: here
RL Stine, Sigourney Weaver, Matt Damon, Bruno Mars, etc.
- 1480 Great standing on the Ugra river, standoff between forces of Akhmat Khan, Khan of the Great Horde, and Ivan III Grand Prince of all Rus, Tataro-Mongols retreat, leds to disintegration of the Horde.
- 1492 Columbus‘ fleet about 400 sea miles from Puerto Rico
- 1633 Massachusetts Bay Colony forms its first government
- 1769 Captain James Cook lands in New Zealand (Poverty Bay)
- 1821 The government of General José de San Martín establishes the Peruvian Navy.
- 1835 Charles Darwin reaches James Island, Galapagos archipelago, on HMS Beagle
- 1871 Great Fire kills 200, destroys over 4 square miles (10 square km) of Chicago buildings, & original Emancipation Proclamation
- 1886 Start of Sherlock Holmes adventure “Noble Bachelor” (BG)
- 1934 Bruno Hauptmann is indicted for murder of Charles Lindbergh‘s son
- 1945 US President Harry Truman announced atomic bomb secret shared with Britain and Canada
- 1946 Kwo-less-shrew selects Gen Chiang Kai-shekas President of China
- 1953 Birmingham, Alabama, bars Jackie Robinson‘s Negro-White All-Stars from playing there Robinson gives in & drops white players from his group
- 1957 Brooklyn Dodgers announce move to Los Angeles
- 1958 US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site
- 1971 John Lennon releases his megahit “Imagine”
- 2001 U.S. President George W. Bush announces the establishment of the Office of Homeland Security.
- 2012 John B. Gurdon and Shinya Yamanaka win the 2012 Nobel Prize for Medicine for their work on reprogramming end stage cells to become pluripotent
- 2014 Eric Betzig, Stefan Hell and William Moerner win the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for the development of super-resolved fluorescence microscopy
- A collection of interesting/horrifying things that happened on my birthday. Among a bunch of baseball records and bomb/nuclear tests for some reason.
WHAT DO YOU USUALLY DO TO CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY?
Parties are the norm in my house. Lately, its been friends (about ten or so) plus aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents coming over to watch movies and go swimming. My cousin and best friend sometimes sleepover too. And my grandpa takes an album’s worth of pictures (aka, the Cuban Family Duty) since he’s a professional photographer (or was at least, he’s retired now).
WERE YOU BORN IN THE MORNING, AFTERNOON, OR THE NIGHT?
At night. My mom had to miss my baby shower because I was being born.
IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY PRESENT IN THE WORLD, WHAT PRESENT WOULD IT BE?
Thats a loaded question.
So, I’ll go with the book I’d want if I could have any.
It would be (any) signed Harry Potter book. Too bad they run $3000+……
WHAT’S YOUR EARLIEST BIRTHDAY MEMORY?
We have photo albums for every birthday from baby shower to like, my 12th. Plus 15th and 16th. So I don’t know if my early memories are actually memories or just memories of stories I’ve been told plus pictures.
I know my first birthday was Baby Loony Tunes. And my second was Elmo. Third was Dragon Tales. Fourth was…give me a second…Dora the Explorer. Fifth was Strawberry Shortcake. And sixth was Dinsey Princess. The one I firmly remember with my own memories. I told my sister (who was in my mother’s 8-months -pregnant stomach) “you can’t be born today, this is not Full House” and my and my dad built the Piñata (a bunny from Viva Piñata) ourselves. I also did a costume change from Aurora’s pink dress to Bloom from Winx Club’s outfit.
HOW DID YOU GET YOUR NAME?
If you ask my mom, my parents just liked the name Samantha, and my middle name is my aunt’s name. (Other considerations included Sabrina, Rebecca, and Alexandra)
If you ask my dad, I’m named after a character from Bewitched. And he wonders how I ended up a total nerd…
HAVE YOU EVER FORGOTTEN YOUR BIRTHDAY?
No. Though my dad has mistyped my birthday as 8/10 (aka August 10th) before. On multiple occasions.
BOOK FLASH: 5 BOOKS YOU’D WANT TO BE GIVEN ON YOUR SPECIAL DAY!
I have no shortage of books I want but here are five.
LASTLY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! TREAT YOURSELF TO A GIF!
And whoever shares my birthday/sees this and wants to do it!