Turkish Delight is crazy famous for its place in The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. It is also not a candy readily found in America.
But since its December, it seemed a good time for this recipe.
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoon rosewater
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- rose pink food coloring (or other color to preference)
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- .5 tsp cream of tartar
- powdered sugar
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the gelatin, white sugar, cornstarch and water until mixed together.
- Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the rosewater, lemon juice, lemon zest, cream of tartar and food colouring.
- Rinse a square pan in cold water but don’t dry it off.
- Pour in the mixture.
- To firm up quickly, pop in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, otherwise leave in the fridge overnight.
- Using a sharp oiled knife, cut the turkish delight into squares and roll in powdered sugar to coat.
Let me know what you guys think about this recipe, or if you make it for yourself!