- 6 cups of milk
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Candy canes – for garnish
- Whipped cream – for garnish
- Stir together all ingredients over a low heat in a large pot over the stove.
- Cook for about 30 minutes, until chocolate is fully melted and combined.
- Serves about six.
I love The Polar Express. I saw it for the first time by accident, I was on a summer camp field trip (you know, when they play reruns of movies cheap in the summer for camp groups?) and we were meant to watch either Rugrats or Jimmy Neutron, I can’t recall, but my uncle (a chaperone) took us into the wrong theater and we saw The Polar Express instead.
I thought this was a good Christmas-y recipe for my third and last of the month.
Let me know what you think, and how it turns out if you make it!