Simon asked for coffee, and Clary, after a moment’s hesitation, chose a large coffee and coconut pancakes. The waitress winked a blue eye at her and flounced off.-City of Bones; The Mortal Instruments, Cassandra Clare
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ⅛ cup coconut cream
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Zest of one small lemon
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and then whisk in milk and coconut cream.
- Add in egg, honey, and lemon juice. Stir until well blended.
- Mix in shredded coconut and lemon zest.
- Heat pan on low. Melt 1/2 Tbsp butter across the surface.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook on low to prevent burning. Wait until batter starts to bubble in the center before flipping pancake. Cook for 3-4 min per pancake. Serve with butter, syrup and other toppings to preference.