The Lava Cookie (Japanese: フエンせんべい Huen Rice Cracker) is a type of medicine introduced in Generation III. It is a local specialty of Lavaridge Town and cures a Pokémon from all non-volatile status conditions and confusion.
This recipe is based on gingersnap cookies, with an addition of dark chocolate and nori.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 White granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup molasses dark
- 1 egg large
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking/Bicarbonate Soda
- 75g / ¾ Cup Dark Chocolate (Chips or Chunks)
- 1 Sheet of Nori (Cut into small pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar and molasses. Beat until lighter in color and fluffy.
- Add the egg while mixing on low, then add the vanilla. Scrape the bowl down and mix again until ingredients are completely combined.
- Add the flour mixture in then mix on low to medium-low until just combined. Scrape bowl down one last time and use a spatula to fold in any remaining flour.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon to potion out 1.5-2 inch balls. Roll each into a ball in your clean palms then roll in granulated sugar.
- Place balls about two inches apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake at 350F for 12-13 minutes.
- Garnishing the Lava Cookies:
- Once the cookies are cool, melt the chocolate in a clean bowl. Add a small blob of the warm chocolate near the bottom of each cookie, to act as a glue, then attach the strip of nori.
- Once the chocolate has cooled, and the nori is stuck, turn the cookies over and repeat the process. Tuck the remainder of the nori strip up around the back of the cookie, and neatly press it against the chocolate to help the nori stick.