About Young Justice:
Young Justice is an American animated television series developed by Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman for Cartoon Network. Despite its title, it is not a direct adaptation of Peter David, Todd Dezago and Todd Nauck’s Young Justice comic series, but rather an adaptation of the entire DC Universe with a focus on young superheroes.
The series follows the lives of teenage superheroes and sidekicks who are members of a fictional covert operation group referred to simply as ‘the team’. Young Justice is essentially a young counterpart to the famous adult team, the Justice League. The main setting is a fictional universe apart from the previous DCAU and other continuities (designated at one point as Earth-16) during a time period in which superheroes are a relatively recent phenomenon.
After airing its second season, titled Young Justice: Invasion, the series was canceled in spring 2013. On November 7, 2016, Warner Bros. Animation announced that the series would be returning for a third season, titled Young Justice: Outsiders, which would be released on January 4, 2019.
- Very dramatic
- Nice animation
- Leaving behind the hero life?
- Explaining aay the breakbetween seasons? Nice
- Making out while the world in ending. Classic.
- Of course kid flash is in danger
Magizoologist Newt Scamander joins forces with young Albus Dumbledore to prevent the devious Gellert Grindelwald from raising pure-blood wizards to rule over all non-magical beings.
Release date: November 16, 2018 (USA)
Screenplay: J. K. Rowling
Film series: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Before We Start:
- As much as I want to watch this movie, I don’t think I’m going to see it in theaters.
- I don’t want to support Jonny Depp’s role in the movie, nor JK Rowling QueerBaiting and representation issues (The whole “yes Dumbledore is gay but no his and Grindelwald’s relationship will not be shown in the movie.”)
Thoughts While Watching The Trailer:
- BB NEWT!
- Newt’s fear is very on brand.
- Those cat things are creepy.
- “I can’t move against Grindelwald” BECAUSE YOU”RE IN LOVE OR SOMETHING.
- Deathly Hallows!
- It looks so good I’m so angry onny Depp is in it!!!!
Great Analysis from Den of Geek
Titans is an upcoming American web television series that will air on DC Universe, based on the DC Comics team of the same name. Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, and Greg Berlanti created the series, which sees Brenton Thwaites star as Dick Grayson / Robin, the leader of the Titans, alongside Anna Diop, Teagan Croft, and Ryan Potter as Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy, respectively. Titans is scheduled to debut in 2018.
Before we go over this trailer, let me clarify some things.
- I haven’t read a lot of Teen Titans comics – I’ve only read a few from Rebirth, which had Damian as Robin.
- I LOVE the Teen Titans TV show of the early 2000’s, a lot. Most of my knowledge of characterization comes from there, which I am aware is not wholly accurate to the comics.
- I DO know a fair amount about Dick Grayson as both Robin and Nightwing, from a mix of random comics, as well as the DC animated movies verse.
- Everything I say here are my opinions, things I like, things I don’t, things I find accurate or un-accurate according to my knowledge of the characters can possibly be incorrect because I don’t know everything. Many characters have different origins and personalities depending on the writer and decade and storyline, so the one I know may not be the one reflected in the trailer.
Okay, lets do this.
Thoughts While Watching The Trailer:
- Oh, this is TV-MA?
- Flying Graysons!
- Is this Halsey singing? Weird choice for this.
- Why is Raven so annoying even though its been like…10 seconds. She doesn’t ask for help like this…
- If Dick is Robin not Nightwing, why is he already a cop? And isn’t he a cop only in Bludhaven, not while he’s part of Teen Titans?
- Are they even in Gotham? Or are they in Jump City?
- I don’t understand how Raven would have even been at the circus in Gotham…
- Robin has a cool costume, that I’ll admit.
- Fuck Batman?
- So this is post Jason Todd’s death at the hands of the Joker I’m guessing? Does that mean Tim doesn’t exist since Dick is still Robin?
- Why does Raven look and sound like a bad vampire movie from the early 2000’s?
- Raven and Beast Boy’s costumes look like really good cosplay but really bad character design for an actual show.
- Starfire looks pretty cool though.
- Dick certainly learned his angst from his mentor.
- If there is a Grayson / Raven romance plot I’m going to scream. Why????????