Great Analysis from Den of Geek
Titans is an upcoming American web television series that will air on DC Universe, based on the DC Comics team of the same name. Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, and Greg Berlanti created the series, which sees Brenton Thwaites star as Dick Grayson / Robin, the leader of the Titans, alongside Anna Diop, Teagan Croft, and Ryan Potter as Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy, respectively. Titans is scheduled to debut in 2018.
Before we go over this trailer, let me clarify some things.
- I haven’t read a lot of Teen Titans comics – I’ve only read a few from Rebirth, which had Damian as Robin.
- I LOVE the Teen Titans TV show of the early 2000’s, a lot. Most of my knowledge of characterization comes from there, which I am aware is not wholly accurate to the comics.
- I DO know a fair amount about Dick Grayson as both Robin and Nightwing, from a mix of random comics, as well as the DC animated movies verse.
- Everything I say here are my opinions, things I like, things I don’t, things I find accurate or un-accurate according to my knowledge of the characters can possibly be incorrect because I don’t know everything. Many characters have different origins and personalities depending on the writer and decade and storyline, so the one I know may not be the one reflected in the trailer.
Okay, lets do this.
Thoughts While Watching The Trailer:
- Oh, this is TV-MA?
- Flying Graysons!
- Is this Halsey singing? Weird choice for this.
- Why is Raven so annoying even though its been like…10 seconds. She doesn’t ask for help like this…
- If Dick is Robin not Nightwing, why is he already a cop? And isn’t he a cop only in Bludhaven, not while he’s part of Teen Titans?
- Are they even in Gotham? Or are they in Jump City?
- I don’t understand how Raven would have even been at the circus in Gotham…
- Robin has a cool costume, that I’ll admit.
- Fuck Batman?
- So this is post Jason Todd’s death at the hands of the Joker I’m guessing? Does that mean Tim doesn’t exist since Dick is still Robin?
- Why does Raven look and sound like a bad vampire movie from the early 2000’s?
- Raven and Beast Boy’s costumes look like really good cosplay but really bad character design for an actual show.
- Starfire looks pretty cool though.
- Dick certainly learned his angst from his mentor.
- If there is a Grayson / Raven romance plot I’m going to scream. Why????????
1 thought on “Trailer Talk: Titans”
That was fantastic!
It reminds me of ‘The Dark Knight’ trilogy. Miss Plumtartt and I will definitely check this one out. Thanks!
LikeLiked by 1 person