This tag was created by WritingMime over on YouTube.
1. Should you participate in National Novel Writing Month to create a book?
I’ve tried twice, and failed miserably both times. I’m bad under pressure. Still trying though.
2. Self-publishing or traditional publishing?
I hope to be traditionally published if I can.
3. Write one idea at a time or write all the ideas at once?
All the ideas. But I understand why that doesn’t work for everyone.
4. What genre is the easiest to write?
YA (It is my demographic after all).
5. Where do you need to write to get the work done?
My room with my computer.
6. Where do you find your inspiration?
TV, news, etc.
7. What age do you start writing?
Seriously writing? Like 14.
8. What’s easiest to write? Short stories, stand-alones, series, etc.
I don’t know. I haven’t been writing seriously for long enough to have figured it out yet.
9. Do you mill your books or take years to write a book?
10. How fast can you type?
Like, I don’t even know. Really slow.
11. Do you write in the dark or in the light?
Dark outside, light on in my room.
12. Hand-written or typed?
Typed. My handwriting is atrocious.
I have “hybrid” handwriting where I use print letters and connect them like cursive. And I once had a teacher tell me I had “British handwriting”, yeah I am not sure what that is supposed to mean either…
13. Alone or with someone else?
14. Any typing hacks?
Not at all.
15. Are you already published?
Nope, I wish.
16. When did you first consider being an author?
When I was like, 13-14 I think.
17. How many books do you have in draft form?
Like 2? Depends on what you consider a “draft”.
18. Do you outline or no?
Usually, yeah. I at least try to.
19. What’s your favorite note-keeping strategy?
I keep notes in Word or my notes app on my phone.
20. What do you think about writing in different genres?
Considering I have ideas/outlines for stories in several different genres, I think it really just depends on the person. Some people do, some people don’t, to each their own.
Though I do think it is easiest to write for genres you read.
1 thought on “How a Book is Made Tag”