I want to thank Icebreaker694 (she tags me in so many things and I love that!) and Raquel @ Rakioddbooks (one of my first followers and follows, we practically started at the same time and I consider her a good friend) so much for nominating me!!!
So… Thank You!!!
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
How my blog (originally) started:
Its really not that exciting of a story. Last year over christmas break I was bored, and my cousin had a blog that she never used and I guessed I wanted to prove I could be better at it then she was or something like that, I don’t really remember. So, I started a book blog. I also started a youtube channel but my computer is so old that Imovie doesn’t work so that was put on hold. I’m getting a new computer this summer so, maybe I’ll start that up again.
Considering my terrible track record with posting on the regular, I’m not sure I qualify to give advice. I don’t even have a proper header image. But I guess my advice would be:
- Have fun. Do this for yourself not anyone else. Write what you want not what you think others want. If it isn’t fun, there is no point in doing it. And don’t stress if it isn’t perfect, this isn’t school.
- Make friends. Interact with people. Number one way to get followers and comment? Comment and follow other blogs. So what you like and dislike about other people’s blogs, and work to make yours better. You can’t have a good blog without reading good blogs. Be part of the community don’t just shout into the void.
My nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award:
Sorry if any of you have already done it! (I’m writing this quite a while before it is scheduled to be posted.)
If you have any questions for me about blogging, books, or anything else, feel free to ask me in the comments! I’d love to help you out or just chat!
Just forgive me if I’m a bit awkward, I’m not good at speaking like a normal human being, I’m overly familar with everyone. As my mom likes to say, i’ve “never met a stranger”, which is weird considered I’m quite shy when it comes to talking to people first. Okay, I’m just rambling now because I’ve had too much coffee, so I’ll end this here.
And Happy reading!
-Sam the Rivermoose